Thursday, April 21, 2016

~ Xtava Collapsible Silicone Hair Diffuser ~

About the Product

This is some information I got off their Amazon page in order to give you guys some key information about this product.

  • Compact and Collapsible - Designed for easy storage and travel, simply press the diffuser down or pull the top up to compact or extend the device.
  • Fits Most Hair Dryers - With it's elastic silicone texture the diffuser can easily adapt to a large variety of hair dryers (6' to 7' inch barrel) 
  • Decreases Frizz - and maximizes shine with every use while controlling and reducing the unwanted side effects of blow drying, including risk of hair damage.
  • Adds Body - to your hair while encouraging natural texture and eliminating frizz 
  • Price - $25.00 ( at time of review)
Review



I have never really used a diffuser before even though it has been recommend that I try one out for my hair I just never got around to it. I had heard that diffusers were good for provides curls to already naturally wavy hair and help reduce frizz which I needed a lot. I have thin, wavy hair so trying to give my hair any sort of body is a task in itself. Which is why when I was offered to test out this diffuser from Xtava I was more then happy to oblige.


The main thing I liked about this diffuser is also a bit of a drawback to me at least, I have looked online at several videos of people using diffusers and the most common use is having it pressed to your head and being able to "massage" the diffuser into your scalp to help provide curls. You can't do that successfully with this diffuser because of it's collapsible feature. I love that this is so compact and easily stored when not in use or for travel. What I don't like is that the moment any sort of real pressure is applied this diffuser collapses while in use. This means I have to adapt the way I use this diffuser and not apply as much pressure as one would usually use when using a diffuser. This diffuser is made of Silicone which is great because it means that it's able to fit on a wide range of hair dryers which is handy for travel if you didn't want to take your hair dryer you could just take your diffuser and use it on a hotel hair dryer without any issues. Another thing I like about it being made out of silicone is that the diffuser itself does not get hot, I've had other attachments that were made out of plastic and by the time you were done doing your hair it would be so hot you could barely touch it. 


My hair always seems to get so dry and frizzy even before using hair tools on them, so you can just imagine how dried out my hair feels after blow-drying. That's why a lot of people had recommend that I use a diffuser to help reduce the damage my blow dryer was doing to my hair and provide more body. After using this diffuser for 2 weeks now I can say that I really do notice a difference in my hair. My hair is a lot less frizzy now and you can noticeably see how healthier and shiny my hair is. It doesn't feel as dry as it usually did and I've changed nothing except using this diffuser while blow-drying my hair. My hair is a lot more manageable now and It did add a bit of body to my hair, It added more depth to my already natural curls. 


Overall, This diffuser works great the only problem that I have with it is that it collapses too easily, which isn't that big a deal it just means you have to change the way you would normally use a diffuser. Aside from that it works perfectly, it's compact, travel friendly and easily fits on my hair dryer. It has made my hair noticeably healthier and easier to mange.



I did receive this product for free or at a discounted price because I am a blogger. However, My opinions are all my own and In no way are influenced by the seller at all. I will only provide honest, unbiased reviews as I rely on reviews as well for my own personal purchases and would not want dishonest reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment