Monday, April 18, 2016

~ Xtava Pro-Satin Infrared Straightener ~



About the Product

This is some information I got off their Amazon page in order to give you guys some key information about their product.

  • Infrared Heat - Penetrates the hair cuticle to seal in natural moisture, increase shine and minimize heat damage which means healthier hair.
  • Precise Temperature Control - Advanced Microprocessor allows for 10 specific heat settings ranging from 265 - 445 degrees.
  • Minimize Damage - The Pro Satin straightener is designed to prevent heat damage. The flat iron features an integrated temperature regulator that ensures the temperature you select is constant and evenly dispersed , decreasing the potential of burning your hair. 
  • Advanced Plates - Ceramic Tourmaline plates use ionic technology to maintain even heat and distribute it smoothly throughout the hair, meaning less tugging and tearing, which is the main cause of frizz
  • Extra Wide - 2 inch bottom floating plate
  • Quick Heat - Up - 90 second heat up plus auto - shut off function
  • Long Cord - 8 ft industrial type cord with 360 degree swivel cord. 
  • Price - $89.11 (at time of review)

Review




I was super excited to get to review this product as I have never heard of or tried anything quite like this hair straightener ever before. I've have only ever had one hair straightener in my life and it cost me quite a bit and that was several years ago. So as you can imagine that hair straightener although still in fairly good shape ( I take really good care of my hair supplies)  is starting to lose it's touch, It's hair straightening abilities have seen better days as it's been through hell and back. I'm rather adventurous and find myself wanting to try the next latest trend quite often, so the thought of switching things up and trying something new was something I was overjoyed to do after so many years of the same boring routine with the same boring hair straightener.

The hair straightener comes in an amazingly beautiful matte finish black box, upon opening you see inside a black zippered heat proof bag which held the straightener. This packaging was beautifully done and just speaks wonders about the product. It shows they take pride in their products and their customers. First thing I noticed out of the package was just the overall appeal of this hair straightener it looked like something you'd see at a salon and not in my living room. The straightener itself is well put together. It's bigger then my other straightener that I have but still fairly light weight and durable. It has a green light up digital display that makes it easier to see which is different but something I really liked about this product. The hair straightener has a long 360 degree swivel cord which is a big bonus for me because that means I can move around a bit more and not be worried that I'm going to bend my cord and ruin it which gives me more freedom when doing my own hair as well as someone else's. The hair straightener takes about 2-3 mins to heat up which is a bit longer then what I was used to with my other hair straightener but still fairly quick. It also gets way hotter then my previous hair straightener which is great as it makes it easier to straightener my thick wavy hair in less strokes which means less damage to my hair.


This hair straightener has 2 inch plates which are a tad bit bigger then I am used to so it took a little bit of adjusting and getting used to for me to be able to straighten my hair with ease. I found that with the bigger plates I could easily fit more of my hair between the plates which allowed me to get my hair straightened in less time, which is a good thing for me at least in the morning when getting ready for work I want to take as little time as possible, the more time I have to sleep in the better for everyone. However with that being said the bigger plates do make it a lot harder to style my hair as I feel I don't have as much control with it, and that it's harder to grip. I have never used an infrared hair straightener before so this was a new experience for me. I had read that it's better for you hair as it locks in the natural moisture in your hair which increases the shine and minimizes the heat damage done to your hair. I have noticed that my hair is a lot more smooth and shiny and it does stay straight throughout the day without getting frizzy as it usually would have. As far as my hair not being as damaged from the heat I haven't used the product long enough to tell. However I will say this I don't smell that awful hair burning smell as I have in the past with other hair straightening product I have used. So that's a step in the right direction I'd assume.


                                       Before



                                                                              After

Overall, This hair straightener has gone above and beyond what I could have ever expected, as you can see from the packaging to the product itself it's beautifully designed. You're getting a professional, hair salon product for a fraction of the price. It works as advertised and has made my hair look and feel much better. I would recommend this product to everyone I know and I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again for myself or even as a gift. If you're looking for a new hair straightener that works great, and provides salon quality at home for an affordable price then this is the product for you.


I did receive this product for free or at a discounted price because I am a blogger. However, My opinions are all my own and In no way are influenced by the seller at all. I will only provide honest, unbiased reviews as I rely on reviews as well for my own personal purchases and would not want dishonest reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment